What is YEP?
The American Planning Association, California Central Section formed the Young and Emerging Planners (YEP) group as a resource for young and emerging planning professionals through:
- Creating a social & professional network to connect young and emerging planners to each other and seasoned professionals through social events, mixers, and mentorship programs
- Developing programs of interest to young and emerging planners, related to leadership and skill development, career planning, and networking
- Providing opportunities to explore different specializations and disciplines, planning trends, and regional activities
Who is considered a Young and Emerging Planner?
- Anybody entering the planning profession*
- Anybody in their first 10 years of the profession*
- Students (Undergraduate or Graduate, planning majors, geographic majors, business administration… it doesn’t matter what your major is if you’re interested in the field).
*There is no age restriction!
How do I join YEP and get more info?
Join the American Planning Association:
- Student membership is free. Visit the APA website to learn more about Student Membership and join as a Student.
- (New and) Emerging Planners membership is discounted. Visit the APA website to learn more about New Membership and join as a New & Emerging Planner
Sign-up for our newsletter by emailing CentralYEP@gmail.com.
Join our Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SUEEYpKWvV
Join our Facebook Group: Coming soon
Follow our Instagram Page: Coming soon
SCHOLARSHIPS, INTERNSHIPS, & JOB POSTINGS
Looking for funding assistance for school or becoming AICP? Check out the links below:
We regularly update our list of entry level and mid-career job and internships which can be found here:
If you have an opportunity you would like to share, please email CentralYEP@gmail.com.
For more senior planning positions, please visit our Jobs in the Section webpage.
YEP NEWSLETTER ARCHIVE